mozilla-adblockplus-2.6.6-1 shows 2.6.4 installed

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 30 12:21:05 UTC 2014

Tim <ignored_mailbox <at> yahoo.com.au> writes:

> On Mon, 2014-12-29 at 16:09 +0000, Andre Robatino wrote:
> > Firefox's Add-ons/Extensions still shows 2.6.4, even after quitting
> > and restarting Firefox, and removing and reinstalling
> > mozilla-adblockplus.
>
> I shall ask the obvious question:  Did you completely quit Firefox so
> that there were no other running Firefox processes?

You're right, that must have been the problem. Last night I noticed that
there was a running Firefox process even after quitting the graphical
Firefox window, and killed it. This morning, Firefox gave me the message
about having trouble restoring the previous session, so I just started a new
session. Add-ons/Extensions now shows the correct version, 2.6.6. Sorry for
the noise.

P.S. I had previously removed the file ~/.mozilla/firefox/*/pluginreg.dat in
an attempt to have it recreated, and fix the problem. It was not recreated
on restarting firefox yesterday. But it's there now, after restarting it
this morning.