mozilla-adblockplus-2.6.6-1 shows 2.6.4 installed

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Dec 30 14:38:20 UTC 2014

Tim:
>> I shall ask the obvious question:  Did you completely quit Firefox so
>> that there were no other running Firefox processes?

Andre Robatino:
> You're right, that must have been the problem. Last night I noticed
> that there was a running Firefox process even after quitting the
> graphical Firefox window, and killed it. This morning, Firefox gave me
> the message about having trouble restoring the previous session, so I
> just started a new session. Add-ons/Extensions now shows the correct
> version, 2.6.6. Sorry for the noise.

That's okay, I've been burnt by that one, before.  Particularly during
yum updates.  Other software seems to handle being updated, while it's
still running, usually quite okay.  You carry on using the old version
from memory, until you quit.  Then the next time you load the program
it's the new version.  Firefox, on the other hand, would often jam up on
me when updated while in use, and needing quitting and restarting.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.

ZNQR LBH YBBX