Text selection and mouse button sensitivity

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Feb 2 13:59:49 UTC 2014

Allegedly, on or about 01 February 2014, g sent:
> get a thumb marble and you can forget about having cord problems.
>
> you can forget about keeping a "mouse arena" cleared also. which
> is one of many reason i got a thumb marble.

Or a cordless mouse...  The usual wireless ones are a pain, you have to
keep on replacing or recharging batteries, and resyncing hardware (the
transmitter and receiver pair).  There's another type (that I'd like to
try), where the mouse pad plugs into the computer, and you use an
unpowered mouse above the pad.  Since the mouse pad isn't moved, it
should have a long life.

I have to keep resoldering the buttons in my mice, as they get dry
joints and become unreliable, due to mechanical stress.  Either through
normal use, or mice that get dropped off the table and fall on their
buttons.  Mind you, I'm talking about mice that I've used for many
years, other people might just buy a new mouse every couple of years.  I
don't like being that wasteful.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.