F20 cursor invisible

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Fri Feb 7 19:00:06 UTC 2014

On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 14:20:17 +0200, Ahmad Samir wrote:
	[....]
>> > It looks like you're logged in with a regular user account, so run
>> > dconf-editor as user not root.
>>
>>         I tried that, at long long last (working without a mouse cursor
>> is like swimming in icy-cold molasses); but once dconf-editor was open,
>> I couldn't find a file for it to edit that affected the mouse.
>>

> In dconf-editor on the left side you should see the schemas groups,
> expand org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.cursor to see the settings
> mentioned in the above bug report.

	I looked again, long and thoroughly, clicking on little arrows to
expand things, and never even found Groups.

	I get this as user :
[btth at Hbsk3 ~]$ dconf-editor &
[1] 12218
[btth at Hbsk3 ~]$
** (dconf-editor:12218): WARNING **: dconf-schema.vala:330: Unknown
property on <schema>, extends

	(It puts the cursor on the next line (blank), but doesn't give me
my prompt back till I hit ^C.)

	While I was at it, I also tried the same command as root -- and
saw nothing any different.

> Alternatively you could use gsettings in terminal:
> gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.cursor active false

	That did help, and I'm a lot happier than I was -- I have a
visible cursor again. Many, many thanks!

	It's tiny, despite being set to size 48, but it is there. Now if
only I can get to whatever governs its size, color, etc. ...

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.