Fedora 19 Freezes

linuxnutster at videotron.ca linuxnutster at videotron.ca
Fri Feb 7 19:25:42 UTC 2014

I have been getting a lot of freezes in Fedora 19, usually once the
screensaver kicks in for a while, but also at the login prompt and when
using firefox. The most recent freeze involved the screensaver. It
simply locked up with the screensaver image frozen and still visible.
The mouse cursor was locked and there was no activity. I ran a memtest
and hard drive tests and everything came back fine.

I do remember seeing several ABRT messages regarding the nvidia driver
I'm using being a proprietary driver ...etc... some open source
programmers hate proprietary drives... something along that end. I
recently had surgery and was having trouble paying attention. ABRT also
no longer seems to function, and I have updated to the latest kernel and
video drivers.

Where do I look for log entries to enable troubleshooting, and has
anybody else experienced this? Any help would be appreciated.