CentOS on home machine HD

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Feb 9 09:14:45 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-02-08 at 10:12 -0500, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> One issue might be the sharing of your home directory. Usually the
> issue is with the desktop and the dot files.

The opposite of what they're trying to do (keep things isolated).

Having said that, when I've networked systems, or with multiboot
systems, setting things up to use a shared homespace, I don't directly
do it that way.  I give each of them a local homespace, just like a
standalone install would have.  But inside that local homespace is a
link to storage space on the server.  Users store everything within
there.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686