How do I -

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 18 17:02:31 UTC 2014

1) Boot from a LiveCD or LiveUSB with only one hard drive connected.
2) Rename the volume group on that hard drive (using the "vgrename" command)
3) Plug the second hard drive, and boot into Linux from the hard drive
4) Activate the other LVM ("vgchange -ay" is a quick way to do this)
5) Mount the other LVM partitions as necessary ("mount /dev/mapper/blah...
/mnt/somewhere", changing the paths to match your situation, or just use
Nautilus to handle the mounting)

Hope that helps.

-Jared (also from Virginia)