How do I -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Feb 18 18:01:12 UTC 2014

On 18/02/14 12:02, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> 1) Boot from a LiveCD or LiveUSB with only one hard drive connected.
> 2) Rename the volume group on that hard drive (using the "vgrename"
> command)
> 3) Plug the second hard drive, and boot into Linux from the hard drive
> 4) Activate the other LVM ("vgchange -ay" is a quick way to do this)
> 5) Mount the other LVM partitions as necessary ("mount
> /dev/mapper/blah... /mnt/somewhere", changing the paths to match your
> situation, or just use Nautilus to handle the mounting)
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> -Jared (also from Virginia)

And if I had installed with conventional directories I would simply
mount the other hard drive and extract the information I needed.

Yet another example of why I should not be installing with LVM, nothing
I do gains anything from LVM, it is just another layer of unwanted
complexity for this Fedora user.

I am sure your suggestions would help if I was inclined to pursue this.

Thank you,

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/w2bod