Apple Air-Print on Cups

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Feb 19 14:58:48 UTC 2014

On 02/19/2014 09:41 AM, Arthur Dent wrote:
> I am a bit lost. Has anyone got this working on a Fedora machine?

the HL-2170w should stand alone, Fedora shouls not have anything to do
with the Apple Mac's printing.

I have two Brother laser printers here, one is an HL-2170w and I have
the only Fedora system in the house, all the other stuff is Apple and
they all print to my printers, mainly the 2170 since it is the newest
and produces the best copy for them. I don't know off the top of my head
how to set up a printer on a Mac but the other family members are
typical Mac users and have no trouble finding my printer. I did tell
them the name, HL2170w and the address, in my case I gave it 102.158.1.5.

Hope that helps a little,

Bob