announcement --- planned Yum replacement now ready for user testing

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 23:27:00 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 12:33:18PM +0100, Ales Kozumplik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On behalf of the DNF team I'd like to invite all the interested Fedora users
> in trying out and testing DNF in Fedora 20. DNF is a tool that aims to fully
> replace Yum by Fedora 22. Please check out the blog post for more
> information:
>
> http://dnf.baseurl.org/2013/12/19/dnf-and-fedora-20/
>
> We look forward to hear your feedback and kindly ask you to use bugzilla to
> report any issues found.

I have been using this since F20 release.  I noticed there is no
completion available, unlike yum.  I can probably reuse yum's completion
with dnf by simply `complete -F _yum dnf', but I'm afraid that will be
unaware of the subtle differences between yum and dnf.  Is that a valid
worry, or can I blindly reuse _yum?

Cheers,

--
Suvayu