F20 - Unintended consequences of no default MTA - How best to fix

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Thu Jan 2 00:48:24 UTC 2014

On 01/02/2014 01:12 AM, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
> On 01/02/2014 01:05 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>   When no users are created by the installer, there is nothing to add to
>> /etc/aliases and as I noted before, user creation is an optional step
>> within the installer.  I don't see anything in your proposal that
>> addresses this.
>
> As I mentioned before, /etc/aliases will in that case be intact and mail
> will be sent to root, just as it has been done for years.

Let me rephrase that.

* The question should be in that part were you create the first user on
the system (and after the user creating step, disregarding if you have
added a user or not)
* You can chose
- keep /etc/aliases as is (this is how it has been for years)
- add the newly created user (if you added one)
- add a remote user or users (user at somewhere.else)
- or add a combination of local user and remote user(s)

If you do an install where this question (add a new user) does not
appear, /etc/aliases will be intact and mail will be sent to root, just
as it has been done for years. If you do an even more esoteric install,
you probably know how to change /etc/aliases yourself, and no action
will be taken.

Hope this made it a bit more clearer.

Lars
--