Fedora on a Dell XPS 15?

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Fri Jan 3 01:27:05 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have a XPS 13 that came installed with Ubuntu (btw, cheaper than
buying with Windoze) which I stripped off and put in Fedora. It weighs
only 2.99 pounds.

I love it! Only 2 major irritating features:

1. Occassionally, after a period of inactivity, the screen turns dark
greyish black with no chance of recovery. I hibernate and wake up and
it is back to business.

2. The other major complaint is the two-button mouse cut-out which
cannot be made to mimic the middle button of the mouse (at least I have
not figured how to do this).

And a minor irritant: the design of the Home, PgUp, PgDn, End Buttons
(with the arrow keys, but using the Fn button which is on the other --
left -- end of the keyboard) is ludicrous.

However, other than this, I am a pretty happy camper.

I know that you asked about XPS 15 which has higher resolution (mine is
only 1920x1080). One other possibility that I would consider is the
Toshiba Kira which has a 2560x1440 resolution but that only comes with
an i5 unless you also get a touchscreen (which I could not care less
for).

HTH.

Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use