F20 - Unintended consequences of no default MTA - How best to fix

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 11:35:34 UTC 2014

Hi

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 6:10 AM, Lars E. Pettersson  wrote:

> On 01/03/2014 12:01 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F20_release_announcement#
>> No_Default_Sendmail.2C_Syslog
>>

> Rahul, as long as we have applications that do send mail, we need an MTA
> to take care of these mails, or else they are totally lost. Or at least let
> those applications have a requirement of a MTA so that the MTA is installed
> when those applications are installed on the system.

You talked about home servers and I pointed out that this change was done
only on the desktop live image.  Instead of acknowledging that, you are
talking about how some people need an MTA which I don't think anyone has
denied.  If some package that requires an MTA doesn't depend on it, that is
a packaging bug.

Rahul