F20 NetworkManager bridged br0 firewalld & dhcp not getting through?

Patrick Lists fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 4 01:53:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

Best wishes for 2014!

I'm using Fedora 20 with a bridged connection br0 which I assume should
forward the DHCP requests from the VMs running on this box.
Unfortunately firewalld seems to block the DHCP requests from the VMs
although in firewall-config I have enabled DHCP in the 'permanent'
configuration and reloaded firewalld.

In F19 this rule was added (by libvirtd?):
-I FORWARD -m physdev --physdev-is-bridged -j ACCEPT
but I don't see it anywhere in the output of iptables -L -n with
firewalld running. Could that be missing? If yes, how to add it?

Now my first thought is that it makes total sense this does not work
because clearly firewalld, systemctl and journalctl were forged in Mount
Doom and unleashed upon mere mortals perfectly content with SysV init,
plain iptables and plain text logfiles just to have some fun. But I
really would like this to work. So if anyone has the magic trick to make
firewalld not block the DHCP requests then I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Patrick