OT: procmailrc question

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Wed Jan 8 05:14:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thanks for this very much, and also the explanations!

> Example (untested, needed adapting):
>
>   # Get rid of duplicates
>   :0 Wc
>   | sylfilter ...
>   :0 a
>   /dev/null

So, I tried this, but without the .... (I guessed that you were
suggesting this for arguments, is this correct, and the default
versions are just fine for using sylfilter).

Therefore, I put in this:

:0 Wc
| /usr/local/bin/sylfilter
:0 a
$HOME/Mail/Junk/.

However, I still get the same error in my procmail.log file:

No input file.

Before reporting on the process for the next step (as it was doing
previously).

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan

> "sylfilter" will receive a copy of the message on its standard
> input.  The above recipe should file messages to /dev/null if
> sylfilter returns an exit status of 0. Of course, change "/dev/null"
> to the name of a folder if you plan to file junk email (for review)
> instead of discarding it.
>
> Note that the above recipe is actually two procmail filters: the
> first uses sylfilter as the message filer (which is hy it has the
> "c" flag; it is "filing" a copy). The filter recipe depends on the
> success of the prceeding one, so if sylfilter did not consider the
> message to be junk, the second filter will not file the message as
> junk.
>
> See "man 5 procmailrc" for details.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>
>
> In the wet the rear is more controllable and easy to use I would agree.
> But the front is still where most of your power is. Learn to use the
> force correctly Luke! Don't succumb to the high side!!!
>         - Erik.Astrup at f501.n914.z8.rbbs-net.ORG (Erik Astrup)
> --

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use
appropriate addresses.