OT: procmailrc question

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Jan 8 07:44:39 UTC 2014

On 07Jan2014 23:14, Ranjan Maitra <maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com> wrote:
> > Example (untested, needed adapting):
> >
> >   # Get rid of duplicates
> >   :0 Wc
> >   | sylfilter ...
> >   :0 a
> >   /dev/null
>
> So, I tried this, but without the .... (I guessed that you were
> suggesting this for arguments, is this correct, and the default
> versions are just fine for using sylfilter).
>
> Therefore, I put in this:
>
> :0 Wc
> | /usr/local/bin/sylfilter
> :0 a
> $HOME/Mail/Junk/.
>

> However, I still get the same error in my procmail.log file:
>
> No input file.

The web page shows:

  sylfilter ~/Mail/inbox/1234

as the example to classify a message. So I believe you want:

  :0 Wc
  | /usr/local/bin/sylfilter /dev/stdin
  :0 a
  $HOME/Mail/Junk/.

because the message will be in the standard input and sylfilter
wants a filename.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters
will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the
Internet, we know this is not true.
        - Robert Wilensky of the University of California
See also: RFC2795