Problems with hybrid graphics in Fedora 20

Paweł Sikora pawel.sikora at agmk.net
Thu Jan 9 11:52:02 UTC 2014

On Thursday 09 of January 2014 10:29:12 Shibi wrote:
> Hi,
> after updating my system to fedora 20 I encountered multiple problems
>
> 1- Kernel package 3.12 crashes every time I try to use acpi_call or
> vgaswitcheroo to turn off my discrete graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 5650),
> every time I try acpi_call or vgaswitcheroo a abrt notification about
> kernel package appears and vga switcheroo folder disapears from
> /sys/kernel/debug folder

sounds like my problems with nvidia optimus. the 3.12 kernel contains bugs
around gpu/acpi/power-managment. i'm using the 3.13-rcX kernel from rawhide
which contains fresh fix:  https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=f244d8b623dae7a7bc695b0336f67729b95a9736
with this rawhide kernel optimus works fine with acpi pm events (laptop lid close+open).

BR,
Paweł.