Xsane only as root -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Jan 16 19:46:16 UTC 2014

On 16/01/14 13:59, MichaelMichael Hennebry wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jan 2014, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
>
>> On 16/01/14 11:52, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>>>
>>> IIRC, no.
>>> I had to modify udev rules.
>>
>> I looked at that yesterday but don't see a way to fix the problem,
>> don't understand how to! I'm out of my range of abilities I guess?
>
> Here is what I did:
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2013-September/137284.html
>
>> I've simply created a script to change the permissions when I need
>> xsane. No doubt it will be different for Fedora 20 ...

Ok Michael, that apparently works. The only thing I had to change were
the codes for manufacturer and model. A test scan works without running
my permissions script. That's better than fooling with the permissions
as I did. However I was able to copy the documents I wanted with my lame
fix.

Thanks for the help,

Bob

--