f20 - Suspend not working

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Jan 21 21:34:32 UTC 2014

latest failure.

> On 01/19/2014 11:09 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

>>> Certainly so, although it may not cure your problem.

>>> Not on my F20.

>>> OK.  But to hope to make some progress you may need to find out
>>> (and post) more info about your HW than just "Lenovo laptop".
>>

>> Lenovo x120e.
>>
>> So this morning, before heading to the airport (in the Delta lounge @
>> DTW), I disconnected from the KVM, the used <Fn+F7> to turn off the
>> external monitor explicitly. Unpluged from AC and closed the
>> notebook.  It properly went into suspend mode whew. However, on
>> resuming here at the airport, gnome crashed and sent in a bug
>> report.  Of course, I was not connected to the wifi here yet, but I
>> am assuming that the system just tried again until it was able to
>> send the report.
>
> Well this time (2nd resume after switching off external monitor), it
> came up without any gnome problems.  Pretty much a clean resume.
> Something is wrong wrt radeon and external monitor.

Many successful suspend/resumes until noonish today (PST).  Don't know
what the system was doing; firefox was eating up 30% of one processor.
But there are no journal entries for suspend at the time I closed the
notebook.  There IS a hibernate message:

Jan 21 12:20:26 lx120e.htt-consult.com kernel: PM: Looking for
hibernation image.

Why it tried hibernate, which is known not to work on Lenovo x120e, I
can't tell.  There was a kernel error reported when I repowered.

Every other time, closing the notebook resulted in suspend.  Here is
what it looked later after powering back up and then closing the notebook:

Jan 21 13:26:30 lx120e.htt-consult.com kernel: Suspending console(s)
(use no_console_suspend to debug)
Jan 21 13:26:31 lx120e.htt-consult.com kernel: PM: suspend of devices
complete after 1188.982 msecs
Jan 21 13:26:31 lx120e.htt-consult.com kernel: PM: late suspend of
devices complete after 0.460 msecs
Jan 21 13:26:31 lx120e.htt-consult.com kernel: PM: noirq suspend of
devices complete after 45.352 msecs