[SOLVED]f20 bridges not starting on boot

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Tue Jul 1 00:15:09 UTC 2014

06/29/2014 10:53 PM, Cristian Sava wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-06-29 at 13:18 -0700, Mike Wright wrote:
>> 06/29/2014 12:15 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:

>>> Another thought: Make sure the bridge-utils rpm is installed.
>>> If you just upgraded, it might have gotten left out for some reason.
>>
>> Thanks Tom,
>>
>> NM_CONTROLLED is no, ONBOOT is yes, bridge-utils is there (bridges come
>> up after manual restart).
>>
>> I use a lot of taps so thought maybe they weren't coming up in time but
>> that wasn't it.
>>
>> My p6p1-4 are udev'd into eth0-3 but that's never been an issue before.
>>    I'll try that next.
>>
>> And still no go...
>>
> See this thread
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2014-February/446703.html

Thanks everybody for your help.

I'm going to mark this SOLVED but unexplained.

When I had everything the way I wanted it I turned on NetworkManager and
did a systemctl restart network, then reboot.  Lo and behold, the
bridges were up.  Systemctl disable NetworkManager, then reboot. Bridges
were up.

Apparently NetworkManager leaves a footprint somewhere that affects
whether or not the bridges are brought up.