yum update took 99.99% of cpu

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 1 06:39:59 UTC 2014

hi Tim,

On 06/30/14 15:41, Tim wrote:
> Tim:
<>

> Yes, that's it.  When I looked at the man file, a little while ago,
> it just didn't jump out at me as "batch" mode being a cooked output.

do not feel bad. my 'chemo brain' did not recall what i had used
several years ago. i had to do a search for 'file' to find it. ;-)

> As far as the original poster was concerned, I was thinking that
> getting a text file created would be less of a problem than taking a
> screenshot, on a system where the CPU was being pegged.  It can also
> be easier to post pasted text to a mailing list, than deal with
> uploading and linking to an image, somewhere.

i agree, text is better than an image. tho, i believe, uploading
to a site, then posting a link is better than paste in post or an
attachment. especially when info is more that a few lines.

attachments can be removed, but a paste can not. and there are too
many who do not know how to 'chop wood' when they reply. lol.

--

peace out.

tc.hago.

.