Fedora 19 - filesystems slow

George R Goffe grgoffe at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 18:36:01 UTC 2014

Rick,

Thanks for your info. I'll check this out as well. I have used hdparm -B to get and set the APM values... All the drives including the system drive were set to 128. I have set them to 255 now so we'll see what happens.

Actually, the behavior makes me think of a cache that has been emptied... My new activity has to rebuild the cache. Ideally, I'd like to make the cache bigger and have entries written back to the drive(s) BUT remain in cache... A least used algorithm could be used when looking for free space in the cache similar to the one for real memory. Do you know the developers or of a mailing list?

Again, thanks for your response.

George...