changes made to a file are also made in his copy

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 4 06:46:36 UTC 2014

On 07/04/14 01:04, angelo.moreschini at medident-sw.it wrote:
<>

> The command "ls -l" shows the two files are colored blue which (I
> think) indicates that the files are a link to each other.

this is true.

> Since I am convinced that I used the "cp" command; my question is:
> which mistake can I have made ​​to create a  link of the file instead
> of a copy of it?

may not be a mistake.

"cp" is correct to usage to make a copy to a new file name.

run the command "man cp" to see arguments for "cp".

if you use "cp -l" it will make a link.

therefore, you may have an _alias_ that is causing problem.

to see if so, use the command of "alias" to see a list of your
aliases.

for my environment, i have;

    ]$ alias|grep cp
    alias cp='cp -i'