[OT] virtual exam environment

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Fri Jul 4 15:53:30 UTC 2014

"Pal, Laszlo" <vlad at vlad.hu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm going to create some virtual exam environment and maybe
> kvm/qemu/virsh can do the job.
>
> This environment should consists several virtual machines (linux +
> windows) and several virtual networks. This is not a big deal. But
> after the baseline is created, I would like to simulate problems which
> must be solved by the examinees.
>
> My idea is to use snapshots for this, so I can create faulty snapshots
> and assign them to in a combination with some good  snapshots creating
> 'scenarios'.

You need hardware virtualization support, and for ease of use, you can
store the VMs in files.  Xen might work as well, though I would suggest
that you check whether there are particular requirements and choose the
software that meets them best.

Depending on what you're trying to find out, using VMs may be the wrong
way to begin with.

--
Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)