4K monitors?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 21:10:10 UTC 2014

On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 22:56:06 +0200
poma wrote:

> "Screen size: 16.0 cm x 9.0 cm (7.23 inches, aspect ratio 16/9 = 1.78)"
> is a known issue for some of the Samsung Smart(?) TVs, so it is best to contact Samsung directly.

It is not only a known issue, it is perfectly legit for Samsung
to do that according to the CEA specs they follow. The problem
comes from moron programmers who persist in believing that
EDID is gospel. New crops of these programmers seem to spring
up with great regularity.

Anyway, I've thwarted them all now - I've actually provided
an EDID that meets their expectations. Maybe they won't
discover any way to break that :-).