why do we use systemd?

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Sun Jul 6 16:44:23 UTC 2014

Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> writes:

> On Sun, 06 Jul 2014 09:48:04 +0200
> lee <lee at yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
>
>> David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org> writes:
>>
>> > Kevin Fenzi writes:
>> > pulseaudio, which I leave alone right up to the moment I have
>> > problems--any problems--with sound, and then eliminate as a usually
>> > successful first stab at a solution.
>
> Pretty please fix your quoting. I did not say this. ;)

Sorry, I should have deleted that line.

>> How do you eliminate pulseaudio on Fedora?  It doesn't do anything but
>> get in the way.
>
> yum remove alsa-plugins-pulseaudio
>
> used to do it. It would still be installed, but not loaded/used.

Hm, yes, I could actually remove it without removing anything else,
thank you!  Finally!

Now I even have hardware mixing and no stupid pulseaudio wasting CPU and
resources for nothing :))

Just would I remove pulseaudio altogether?

--
Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)