why do we use systemd?

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 17:40:56 UTC 2014

On 06/07/14 18:44, lee wrote:
> Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> writes:
[...]
>> yum remove alsa-plugins-pulseaudio
>>
>> used to do it. It would still be installed, but not loaded/used.
>
> Hm, yes, I could actually remove it without removing anything else,
> thank you!  Finally!
>
> Now I even have hardware mixing and no stupid pulseaudio wasting CPU and
> resources for nothing :))
>
> Just would I remove pulseaudio altogether?

Removing the alsa-plugins-pulseaudio package and editing
/etc/pulse/client.conf and adding a line:
autospawn = no

so that the pulseaudio daemon doesn't get started (I have to this with
GNOME3 otherwise gnome-shell will start pulseaudio).

Or just uninstall the pulseaudio package. Note that you can't remove
some of the pulseaudio library packages (pulseaudio-libs and
pulseaudio-libs-glib2) because some packages directly link against those
libs.

--
Ahmad Samir