why do we use systemd?

Glenn Holmer shadowm at lyonlabs.org
Sun Jul 6 21:48:55 UTC 2014

On 07/06/2014 03:16 PM, David Benfell wrote:
> This is what is known as intellectual bullying. It excuses you from
> having to explain by blaming the other fellow for not understanding.

Did you read my original reply (to Tim) where I tried to explain it and
included links? That's about how I described it when I gave a systemd
presentation for my local Linux users group.

But when someone replies to that by saying that systemd is broken
because "a shepherd is not a sheep", well... that's just splitting
grammatical hairs to try and prove that the documentation is obtuse. The
cartoon is appropriate; it describes people who have a knee-jerk
reaction instead of taking the time to read what others have written
about systemd (as you evidently have; I've been following your
networking posts with interest). And for those who find the official
documentation too difficult, there are plenty of blogs and articles out
there that explain it more plainly. I know, I had to dig through them to
do that presentation. And by the way, the preso included that cartoon...
which got a big laugh.

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)