SImple amp for F20

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 23:33:28 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a simple amplifer program.
>
> I have looked at audacity, but I would have to be 'recording' to get
> 'playthrough'.  There is supposedly a .vst plugin, but I have not found it
> yet.
>
> This is for my wife to be able to have a simple amp (using my little Asus
> Eee900) for when she is playing her guitar and needs a bit of a boost.

To echo the microphone jack through your speakers, you can run this on
the command line:

pactl load-module module-loopback latency_msec=1

When you're done, disable it with:

pactl unload-module $(pactl list short | grep latency_msec=1 | awk '{print $1}')

For electric guitars, there's also Guitarix (available in the repos)
which simulates a tube amp and provides distortion and other effects.

-T.C.