X preview repo?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 01:10:31 UTC 2014

Just wondering if there is anything like the virt preview repo
for the latest bits of X11, mesa, etc? (I suspect the answer
is "no", but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask :-).

I ask because the 4K monitor I just got working stopped
working again following an update that dragged in some bits
of mesa and perhaps other things.

I switched to ubuntu on the system with this monitor, and
ubuntu does have a "ppa" repo "xorg-edgers" for everything
bleeding edge in X. I was able to get the monitor working
on ubuntu (possibly it will even survive some updates
since the repo includes all the dependent bits, not just
the nvidia driver).

Perhaps I'll try rawhide, but things seem to break
a lot in rawhide :-).