why do we use systemd?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Jul 7 02:42:47 UTC 2014

<snip>

>>> Bullshit, he hasn't done anything to you personally. There is no reason
>>> to behave like you're doing here.
>>
>> So in your view, I have no right to object to his behavior but you have a right to object to my objection?
>>
>> Something ain't right there.
>
> The difference is that Olav is polite and you are abusive.

Well even Linus T. is not happy with some of the problems with systemd.
In this case he is pissed at another systemd dev who exhibits the same
attitudes towards 'outsiders':

"Key, I'm f*cking tired of the fact that you don't fix problems in the
code *you* write, so that the kernel then has to work around the
problems you cause.

Greg - just for your information, I will *not* be merging any code from
Kay into the kernel until this constant pattern is fixed.

This has been going on for *years*, and doesn't seem to be getting any
better. This is relevant to you because I have seen you talk about the
kdbus patches, and this is a heads-up that you need to keep them
separate from other work. Let distributions merge it as they need to and
maybe we can merge it once it has been proven to be stable by whatever
distro that was willing to play games with the developers.

But I'm not willing to merge something where the maintainer is known to
not care about bugs and regressions and then forces people in other
projects to fix their project. Because I am *not* willing to take
patches from people who don't clean up after their problems, and don't
admit that it's their problem to fix.

Kay - one more time: you caused the problem, you need to fix it. None of
this "I can do whatever I want, others have to clean up after me" crap.

Linus"