SImple amp for F20

Russell Miller duskglow at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 05:56:18 UTC 2014

On Jul 6, 2014, at 9:01 PM, Doug <dmcgarrett at optonline.net> wrote:

> Just because you have a hammer doesn't mean everything is a nail.
> You should always select the proper tool for the job, and this time, it's
> not the computer.

I agree.  I'm a musician myself, and I invested in the right tools for the job.  Audiobox
makes a pretty good USB interface/amplifier that I use with my digital piano.  Couple
that with a couple of (admittedly more expensive than you're probably looking to spend)
monitors and the setup works fine.  The inputs are LXR too, so shielded.

If I *want* to then plug that into my computer, I can.  I've done that to record myself
playing with pretty good effect.  But if you're going to use it as just an amplifier...  you're
really just asking for difficulties.  Computers make horrible audio equipment without
external equipment.

--Russell