why do we use systemd?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 11:12:15 UTC 2014

Hi

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 3:03 AM, lee  wrote:

> Apparently the project secretary has a hand in it, and sponsors are
> needed.  So maybe it's not as easy as it seems.

It is fairly easy to bring any proposal to vote.  Debian has done it
numerous times.

> Too bad that the users never get to vote.

There is no way to determine accurately who is a open source project user
or who is a random troll online.  You basically have to let the whole
internet vote which I far from convince is a useful thing especially for
system level software.   All major distributions at this point have
switched to systemd or in the process of doing so which should tell you the
value of it.

Rahul