why do we use systemd?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 10 13:05:03 UTC 2014

Everyone! Please read

<https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2014-July/451692.html>

I am not kidding.

This morning, there are a dozen new messages all recycling around points
that have already been made hundreds of posts ago in this thread. Regardless
of the merit of these points, this is a vortex of echos. And, really, the
merit is dubious even when the points are good -- systemd was selected for
Fedora 15, and of course we're building 21 now. There's nothing here which
wasn't weighed *years ago*. Overwhelming threads make our mailing lists
useless to existing users and intimidating to new ones.

It's time to stop spinning in place and work on something constructive.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>