OT: Thunderbird spontaneously unsubscribing folders.

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Sat Jul 12 07:56:49 UTC 2014

On 12.07.2014, Rolf Turner wrote:

> (1) From time to time, for no reason that I can discern, Thunderbird
> spontaneously unsubscribes all (or perhaps most of) my email folders and
> subfolders.
[....]

This is surely not an answer you would expect, but: Thunderbird is
badly suited to handle big amounts of mail. So if you are subscribing
to some (a lot of?) mailing lists, you should consider using a MUA
which is capable to handle them. I for myself use mutt when at home,
and mew for IMAP access. If you like having a GUI, I would recommend
sylpheed to you. There's some more of quite capable MUAs out there,
just try them all and choose what you like the most.

http://www.mutt.org/
http://www.mew.org/en/
http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/