Is this proof that systemd is completely broken?

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 08:20:42 UTC 2014

On 07/12/2014 11:38 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 07/12/2014 02:10 PM, Bill Oliver wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, I know.  Thanks for that useful suggestion.
>
> Any time.  And, I wasn't even intending to be sarcastic.  I wanted to
> point out that, unlike Windows, if you don't like the way Linux works,
> you're free in every sense of the word to Do Something about it,
> including create a new distro if you really want to.
>
> BTW, it took me a little bit of careful thinking to come up with that
> name, because I didn't want to come across as trying to make you look
> like King Canute, trying to hold back the tide.  If nothing else, nobody
> with that attitude has any business being involved with a bleeding edge
> distro such as Fedora!

"Am I the greatest man in the world?" he asked.
"O king!" they cried, "there is no one so mighty as you."
"Do all things obey me?" he asked.
"There is nothing that dares to disobey you, O king!" they said. "The world bows before you, and gives you honor."
"Will the sea obey me?" he asked; and he looked down at the little waves which were lapping the sand at his feet.
The foolish officers were puzzled, but they did not dare to say "No."
"Command it, O king! and it will obey," said one.
"Sea," cried Canute, "I command you to come no farther! Waves, stop your rolling, and do not dare to touch my feet!"

King Canute on the Seashore

poma