live cd install to a LV

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Jul 14 03:43:04 UTC 2014

On Jul 13, 2014, at 9:09 PM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
> Above the Volume Group pop-up is a Size field, that's for the LV, and you can change that from 500mb to something sane.

Desired Capacity. Not Size.

So I just did a pvresize to give up 1GB to back myself out of this stuck state and it does work as described. It's making new LV's in a new VG on a new PV on a new partition. Rather than using what's available.

When I try this with the Fedora 21 installer, it works the same. So maybe a bug filed. While the current behavior makes sense if there's enough space to do it. It doesn't make sense to fail this way if there's space in the VG but not enough space for a new one.

Chris Murphy