Does the gpg-agent keeps the keys unlocked for the session?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Wed Jul 16 05:27:40 UTC 2014

On 07/16/14 12:06, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
>> Then, when it comes to kwallet, it can be configured to "Close Wallet" based on 3 criteria.  I have mine simply set to "Close when last application stops using it" and I never get prompted again during a login session.
> In a gpg-encrypted kwallet, as along as gpg-agent can keep gpg key
> unlocked, it can unlock the kwallet right away even if it locks
> itself. Does that make sense.

That would be true, and make sense *if* the wallet were being closed and opened again.  But that is not the case with the setting and the way I use it.  Once opened, it never closes until not longer being used.  So, even after 2 hours the wallet remains opened and no passphrase is needed/used to keep it open.  It remains unlocked.