pulse is silent, alsa works, any hints for fixing pulse?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 13:27:23 UTC 2014

Ever since I installed the nvidia binary driver to get video
working on my GTX 750Ti card, the audio is screwed up.

If I suspend pulse and run alsamixer to unmute all
the built in audio devices on the motherboard, I
can play audio fine with a command line:

aplay -Dplug:front

But if I run pluseaudio, and set the output to the
motherboard's analog stereo output, I get no sound.

Is there any procedure for translating cryptic
working alsa into differently cryptic working pulse?

Is there some way to convince snd_hda_intel to utterly
ignore the nvidia display port/hdmi and only recognize
the natic motherboard audio?