Reg: "Oh no! Something has gone wrong. A problem has occured and the system can't recover. Please log out and try again." (forcing you to close the session, just to reappear on restart)"Oh no! Something has gone wrong. A problem has occured and the system can't recover. Please log out and try again." (forcing you to close the session, just to reappear on restart)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Jul 16 16:43:34 UTC 2014

On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 15:57:26 +0530
Prashanth Kasula <prashanthkasula at gmail.com> wrote:

> "Oh no!  Something has gone wrong. A problem has occured and the
> system can't recover.  Please log out and try again." (forcing you to
> close the session, just to reappear on restart)

This is the generic message gnome shell gives when something causes it
to crash on login. ;(

I'm not a gnome user, but I'd approach it like any other
computer/software issue:

When did it last work as expected?
What changed since then?

Did you apply updates? Reboot to a newer kernel?

If so, can you revert those things? Downgrade updates that might be
causing it, boot into previous kernel, etc.

kevin