wanted: performance laptop, no windoze tax

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 18:22:10 UTC 2014

On 07/16/2014 11:07 AM, Neal Becker wrote:
> Sorry, I know this subject has been written about before.  But google shows
> mostly 5 year old info.
>
> What are some recommendations for a relatively high performance laptop that
> works well on linux, and without paying windoze tax?
I have been happy with all of my Dell laptops, 2 are dual-boot
windows/linux.. I have had a need every so often to run windows..  worth
the extra expense..
and the dual boots have been all of: OpenSuSe, fedora, Debian, Ubuntu,
Linux Mint, and probably a few more I forget.. my older one will soon
be, or at least boot Neon8, the new KDE5..

--
Paul Cartwright