[F20, KDE] color profile applied 1 s and then disappears

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Jul 21 19:48:57 UTC 2014

On Jul 17, 2014, at 1:21 PM, Frédéric Bron <frederic.bron at m4x.org> wrote:

> I installed a color profile for my LCD monitor.

Where did it come from? Most manufacturer supplied ICC profiles are junk. a.) Frequently aren't made correctly; b.) don't actually describe the display's behavior better than the colord created on based on EDID primaries, often worse.

> When I start KDE, the
> correct profile is applied but 1second later, it is disabled. I see
> that because the background picture changes dramatically. Why?

Can you see anything in the journal at the time of starting KDE and subsequent disabling?

In a shell use journalctl -f, and then in a separate shell start KDE and note anything in the "journal following" shell if there's anything related at the time the profile is disabled.

What do you get for?
colormgr get-devices

Chris Murphy