[F20, KDE] color profile applied 1 s and then disappears

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 22 04:10:33 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-07-21 at 13:48 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> Most manufacturer supplied ICC profiles are junk. a.) Frequently
> aren't made correctly; b.) don't actually describe the display's
> behavior better than the colord created on based on EDID primaries,
> often worse.

Considering that you can connect several, allegedly, identical monitors
to view the same image simultaneously, and get glaringly obvious
differences between each monitor, I'm not surprised.

There's a very wide tolerance in electronics, including the actual
display, as well as what drives it.  You really need profiles to be a
measurement of the actual display that you're using, taking into account
its user-settings and your room lighting.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.14.8-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Mon Jun 16 22:36:56 UTC 2014 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.