installing with xfce and a custom partition

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Sat Jul 26 19:19:29 UTC 2014

07/26/2014 09:07 AM, Barry wrote:
> Can I install with a custom partition with the XFCE Spin Live CD --
> Fedora 20?
>
> I have the CD and had started the installation and after selecting the
> language  I get a summary that says automatic partitioning has been
> selected. I never saw an opportunity to choose a custom layout -- which
> anaconda used to offer.
>
> This is an old dual boot laptop. I want to save  all that, and to save
> my old home directory.
>
> I would also like to choose my packages, if that's still possible.

Hi Barry,

I recently used that spin.  Early in the install you get to a page where
user, date, network, and disk settings are made.  After you select disk
layout you'll be presented with some choices.  Check the corners of the
page.  I believe bottom left allows selecting Custom settings where you
can pick your drives, partitions, and *sometimes* even LVM stuff.  Read
your options carefully.  Sometimes the english used can seem a little
stilted.  Regardless of your choices you will have a chance to back out
before committing yourself.  It may require a reboot because not all of
the selection offer a *Back* button.

As far as package selection goes, I think you haven't a choice.

Mike Wright