[Bulk] Re: confine user(s) to a core with systemd + gcgroup

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed Jul 30 14:21:05 UTC 2014

On 07/30/2014 03:28 AM, lejeczek wrote:
> hi, thanks for your input, however it does not help really
> linked doc? I've thumb trough it before.

Correct because systemd doesn't use cpusets.

> let me rephrase my question - how do I put users, their whole session from the
> moment they login into a cgroup cpuset?

You need to configure a login script (outside of systemd) to do use cpusets.
Systemd uses CPU accounting and CFS switches to break down resource throttling.

> and I don't want to use libcgroup (as it not recommended anyway) but have
> systemd managed it.

If you want systemd to manage resources then you're stuck with the existing
support, which is CPUShares. This will not have CPU limiting the way you desire.

man systemd.resource-control

The newest systemd release has a CPUQuota option that will make this work closer
to what you want, but if you want true 1-core, 1-process resource limiting
you're going to have to do it outside of systemd.