confine user(s) to a core with systemd + gcgroup

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jul 30 17:13:15 UTC 2014

Just a curiosity question:  If you segregate a user to just one CPU
core, does that really save a system from being crippled if they max out
that core, or crash it?  I'd have thought that the rest of the system
would still be affected to some degree.  At the least, it'd have to be
completely isolated from the user's core.  And it strikes that me that a
user using the operating system isn't isolated, they interact with it.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.