[Bulk] Re: confine user(s) to a core with systemd + gcgroup

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 14:37:36 UTC 2014

with new rhel 7 it's not difficult to image common setups
where... which one is it - multi-user.target or
network.target is the target and no gui
these naturally most often than not will be
multicore/multisocket systems
and an admin would like to set a sort of hard ceiling above
which users running their heavy-numbers-crunching apps could
not go
with old libcgroup it was fairly straightforward, with
systemd quite opposite, but I might be wrong, only started
looking at it all
but if I'm right I would be strange redhat missed/dropped
all these scenarios where users can be controlled/limited by
cpusets

any other way to restrict users in/via cgroup cpu? I'm still
thinking systemd