Caching nameserver for home network

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Sun Jun 1 12:00:08 UTC 2014

I'm trying to set up a caching name server on a server on my home
network.  All the instructions I've been able to find online refer to
the caching-nameserver RPM, but that doesn't seem to be available in
Fedora 20.  So my questions are:
      * What happened to caching-nameserver?
      * What (if anything) has replaced it?
      * Are there any good, easy *current* instructions for doing this?
        It seems like it should be a fairly cookbook task, so I
        shouldn't have to learn all about bind to accomplish it.

TIA
--
Matthew Saltzman
Clemson University Math Sciences