Save everybody some surprises in Fedora 22!

Jan Zelený jzeleny at redhat.com
Tue Jun 10 07:46:28 UTC 2014

On 9. 6. 2014 at 17:12:37, Andre Robatino wrote:
> Jonathan Dieter <jdieter <at> lesbg.com> writes:
> > > The list of missing yum options is both outdated and incomplete. For
> > > example, it's missing "includepkgs" (a repository option), for people
> > > who
> > > need to access specific packages from non-Fedora compatible repos.
On
> > > the
> > > other hand, it includes "deltarpm", although dnf has supported this for
> > > while now.
> >
> > Deltarpms are working, but, as far as I can see, need to be manually
> > enabled.  If we're going for consistency, deltarpms should be enabled by
> > default if deltarpm is installed.
>
> Personally, I agree with this, since they reduce bandwidth for the mirrors
> (whether they help at the user's end depends on the user's hardware and
> bandwidth). I also think --best should be the default, since in
> Rawhide/Branched people need to know about broken deps to deal with
them
> (hiding them isn't good, when a broken dep can prevent 100 packages that
> need testing from updating), while in stable releases they aren't supposed
> to happen anyway (hopefully better automation will actually ensure this).
> But I'm more concerned with things that are completely missing (especially
> if the survey doesn't include them) than about defaults that users have
> control over.

In case you have some features you would like us to include, please search
bugzilla for the list of (both opened and closed) RFEs. If you don't find the
RFE in the list, feel free to open a request so we can track what people
actually want.

Your other option is to use the form to let us know what are you missing and
what is your use case (don't forget to include the second part, that's
actually the more important one).

Thanks
Jan