slightly OT: incremental backup suggestions

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Thu Jun 19 12:59:01 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have decided to also create an incremental backup on my own and was
wondering what you would recommend. I did some DDG'ing around and came
up with rdiff-backup. Would you recommend this? (There are
some more, but this one appears to have an rpm in the fedora
repositories.) Personally, I am a great fan of rsync but I also wanted a
setup that would be fast because I would like to run it every hour
(say).

OK, I know this is OT, but it is slightly so because the system used to
backup are updated F20 systems:-)

Any suggestions/personal experiences/suggested tweaks/references would
be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use